An attitude of gratitude is so important. Especially when there’s such a feeling of lack in the world right now. And I am really grateful for my readers. I started this blog in September 2008 as a political blog.
Since then I changed the focus of my blog to be (usually) on human rights. I’ve connected with some amazing people with similar points of view and some with a different take on things…I love them all. Many of my readers are bloggers themselves and their words enrich my life.
I’ve recently been chosen by two of my blogger friends to receive the Kreativ Blogger award. Thanks so much to these two bloggers for the award. Check them out…their blogs are must reads.
In accepting this award, I’m asked to list seven things I love and pass the award forward to seven blogs I love. Here goes.
Seven things I love:
- My two beautiful adult daughters Julie and Valerie (I know…that’s really two)
- My adorable Shih Tzu dog and companion Tashi
- Barack Obama being our president and Michelle being our first lady
- The beautiful view from every room of my townhouse
- Dancing in NIA class
- Reading a good book (preferably non-fiction)
- Having a stimulating, intellectual conversation
And I pass on this award to seven blogs I love (in addition to Skyewriter’s and Sidhe’s):
- A Time for Change (thoughtful and caring commentary)
- The Mudflats (the best scoop on Alaskan politics from an Alaskan)
- True Blue Texan (straight talk from a blue Texan)
- Margaret and Helen (two best friends of 60 years with a great sense of humor and a lot of wisdom)
- Maryanncp’s Weblog (a heart of gold and working to make a difference in people’s lives…especially women)
- Best of the Blogs (several featured progressive blogs)
- The FreeGirl Foundation (empowering women and raising awareness about gender violence)
After seven months of writing, my little blog is starting to take wings and I thank you, dear readers, for that. Thank you also to all the bloggers who share their knowledge, opinions, passion, and hearts. You’re the best!